- Williams, E. J. and W. A. Boyle. Causes and consequences of avian within-season dispersal decisions in a dynamic grassland environment. In press. Animal Behaviour
- Winnicki, S. K., S. M. Munguia, E. J. Williams, and W. A. Boyle. Alternative social interactions do not drive territory aggregation in a grassland songbird. In review. Ecology
- Jahn, A. E., S. B Lerman, L. M. Phillips, T. B. Ryder, and E. J. Williams. In press. First tracking of individual American Robins (Turdus migratorius) across seasons. Wilson Journal of Ornithology.
- Williams, E. J. and W. A. Boyle. 2018. Patterns and correlates of within-season breeding dispersal: a common strategy in a declining grassland songbird. The Auk: Ornithological Advances 135: 1-14. doi: 10.1642/AUK-17-69-1. See pdf. See the graphical abstract to the right.
- Williams, E. J. and W. A. Boyle. Does food availability determine territory settlement following within-season breeding dispersal?
- Verheijen, B. H., A. N. Erickson, W. A. Boyle, K. S. Leveritte, J. L. Sojka, L.A. Spahr, C. C. Then, E. J. Williams, S. K. Winnicki, and B. K. Sandercock. Effects of heterogeneity in vegetative structure on reproductive success of grassland songbirds.
Other published products :
- Phillips, L. M., C. L. McIntyre, J. D. Mizel, E. J. Williams, and G. M. Colligan. 2017. Monitoring Passerine Birds in the Central Alaska Network: 2015 and 2016 summary report for the Central Alaska Network Inventory and Monitoring Program. Natural Resource Report. NPS/CAKN/NRR—2017/1478. National Park Service. Fort Collins, Colorado. See pdf.
- Williams, E. J. and W. A. Boyle. 2016. Data from: Patterns and correlates of within-season breeding dispersal: a common strategy in a declining grassland songbird. Archived in the Konza Prairie LTER Data Portal: Dataset CBS.
- Williams, E. J. 2016. Grasshopper Sparrows on the move: causes and consequences of within-season breeding dispersal in a declining grassland songbird. MS Thesis. Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS. Read thesis here.
- Williams, E. J. 2016. Hard travelin’ down the Prairie: within-season breeding dispersal in a declining grassland songbird. Spatial Ecology and Telemetry Working Group “Remotely Wild” Newsletter 32: 9–14. Read here.
Published Popular Articles:
- Williams, E. J. 2018. The Long-tailed Jaeger: a gorgeous, flying marvel. See the article here. The Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center's Migratory Connectivity Project blog guest post. http://www.migratoryconnectivityproject.org/long-tailed-jaeger-gorgeous-flying-marvel/
- Williams, E. J. 2018. What would a real field work resume look like? Dispatches from the field blog guest post. See the article here. https://dispatchesfromthefield1.wordpress.com/2018/01/31/what-would-a-real-field-work-resume-look-like/
- Williams, E. J. 2017. More to "little brown jobs" than meets the eye. British Ornithologists' Union blog guest post. See the article here. https://www.bou.org.uk/blog-williams-grasshopper-sparrow/
- Williams, E. J. 2017. To the Grasshopper Sparrow, the Grass May Be Greener on the Other Side. American Ornithology publications blog author post. See the article here. https://americanornithologypubsblog.org/2017/10/11/author-blog-to-the-grasshopper-sparrow-the-grass-may-be-greener-on-the-other-side/
- Williams, E. J. 2017. The Crossing. Dispatches from the field blog guest post. See the article here. https://dispatchesfromthefield1.wordpress.com/2017/06/28/searching-for-the-gray-jay/
- Williams, E. J. 2017. Things I had to learn the hard way during my first winter in Alaska. Dispatches from the field blog guest post. See the article here. https://dispatchesfromthefield1.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/things-i-had-to-learn-the-hard-way-during-my-first-winter-in-alaska/
Work Featured in Press and Other Media:
- Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, 2019. Students create detailed winter bird guide for Healy area. See article here. http://www.newsminer.com/features/our_town/students-create-detailed-winter-bird-guide-for-healy-area/article_4500fa74-1b95-11e9-953c-133b2f75d371.html
- Fairbanks Daily News-Miner and Ruralite Magazine, 2018. This idea is really for the birds. See article here. http://ruralite-gvea.or.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=08914c5ba
- Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, 2018. Be a birder with a purpose: Birds n' Bogs and Gray Jay projects need volunteers. See article here. http://www.newsminer.com/features/outdoors/be-a-birder-with-a-purpose-birds-n-bogs-and/article_0d2ac81a-5fe7-11e8-9c2a-f3be3be4f7ee.html
- "The Grasshopper Sparrow - Breeding nomad of the grassland prairie," 2018. Feature in Long-term Ecological Research Network News. See article here. https://lternet.edu/stories/grasshopper-sparrow-breeding-nomad-grassland-prairie/
- The Prairie Naturalist podcast, episode 76. Regina Community, Saskatchewan Public Radio. 2017. Featuring new article in Auk journal. Listen here. https://soundcloud.com/theprairienaturalist/the-prairie-naturalist-episode-76-12oct17
- “Grassland Sparrows constantly searching for a nicer home,” 2017. Press Release in American Ornithology Journal Blog. See article here. https://americanornithologypubsblog.org/2017/10/11/grassland-sparrows-constantly-searching-for-a-nicer-home/
- EurekAlert! and Science Daily alerts, 2017. Featuring article in Auk. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-10/aosp-gsc100417.php; https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171011091806.htm
- “Fire, Bison, and a Little Brown Job,” 2017. Article in American Birding Magazine by Saraiya Kanning featuring masters research at Konza Prairie. Read here. http://aliceboyle.net/My%20Articles/Kanning_BirdingMagazine_2017.pdf
- “A grassland bird’s changing world” 2016. Research featured in K-State student Callie Ogborn’s project, highlighted on Science360 and winner of the Kansas Broadcasting Association’s student award. Watch here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpMqNxPpQcM